Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back In Action & Healthy Detox

Please see below post as to why I've been non-existent. I think I've finally adjusted to being gone from the house 13 hours a day.

Part of the premise of AestheticLA is not only to improve one's self from the outside in (my obsession with skin creams, masks, etc) or cover up flaws, but to go about it the holistic way as well. I believe strongly in the concept that what you put into your body is reflected externally. A diet high in refined carbs, sugar and processed meats is only going to pack on the pounds and lead to unhealthy skin. That said, I've lost 30 pounds since the beginning of the year by ditching dieting and attempting to eat healthier. I've been contemplating stepping up the clean/healthy eating for a couple months now; much research has been put into juicing, detoxes, fasts and "clean" eating (seriously, clean eating is just healthy eating). Ultimately, I've decided on the following path:

-cutting out daily caffeine permanently (I only drink a cup or so either daily or semi daily. I like the taste!)
-striving for a healthy diet (no refined carbs, no animal protein that isn't organic/grass-fed/chemical-free, minimal amounts of cheese)
-limiting alcohol (not a huge drinker, but I am a fan of wine)

This past week I've diminished my coffee intake by moving towards half decaf/half coffee. I definitely got head aches the first day or so. Starting tomorrow, I'm going for a healthy food week-long detox which entails:

-no alcohol, caffeine from coffee (green tea allowed), sugar, dairy, wheat, non-fish animal protein and eggs

Mainly, I plan on sticking to a primarily vegetarian diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, legumes, quinoa, brown rice, healthy oils, nuts and seeds. I am debating the healthy detox culminating to a finale of a 3-day juice detox after. 

I'm really curious as to how this will effect my skin, under-eye circles and stress-related scalp problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment