Thursday, August 18, 2011

Detox: Day 4 More than half way through...

As outlined, I'm forgoing alcohol, caffeine from coffee, sugar, dairy, wheat, non-oceanic animal protein and eggs for seven days. Essentially, I'm sticking to (solely organic) produce, grains and legumes.


I can't believe I have successfully gotten through four days already! Yay! Today was an easy peasy day with some light hunger in the morning and light hunger on the drive home, but no cravings whatsoever. My coworkers may been testing my willpower with ordering gourmet pizza, but even the scent of fresh baked crust only caused a twinge of desire.

On the slightly disappointing side, I was invited to an industry event this evening for a new restaurant that has been opened a couple months. A girlfriend and I checked it out a week ago and loved it! They are opening up a bar on the second floor and the event was this evening. There was no way my willpower could resist half-price cocktails by one of the leading LA mixologists, nor the apps and sweets being offered. Instead, I came home from working late and will be crashing early tonight.



Breakfast: another Rain Forest smoothie from Renovo- pineapple, fresh orange juice, fresh almond milk, green superfoods and protein.


Mid-Morning Snack: frozen grapes


Lunch: delicious salad as so desired yesterday-spinach, grape tomatoes, lots of cucumber, avocado, leftovers of seared ahi, and hummus.


Mid-Afternoon Snack: apple


Dinnermediterranean quinoa with sea critters (again): quinoa, olive oil, garlic, zucchini, grape tomato, basil, oregano, garbanzo beans, calamari, scallops and shrimp, with extra fresh grape tomatoes sliced on top. I am so happy I finally finished this off!!! There wasn't really much left, so, I may go scavenge a little. I'm contemplating zucchini sticks dipped in hummus. 


Odd fact: I expect to have more energy, but I've been thoroughly exhausted every evening. While all the extra nutrients and vitamins may be great for me, I think I may or may not be getting enough fuel/calories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment